Sunday, December 12, 2010

We Have A Heartbeat!

NOVEMBER 2, 2010 - 7 weeks, 3 days pregnant

Seeing a heart beating on that ultrasound screen was such a relief! It was just like in the movies. I had tears in my eyes, Brian was glowing. I felt like a normal person finally. Brian thought a heartbeat meant that we could start telling people. I still wasn't ready. It's not that I wasn't feeling positive because I felt great, but I just had a feeling that it was too early for people to be excited about this and, like I said before, my baby deserved excitement! Brian won the argument, just like always. He said since we were both laid off now that we should go home and tell my family in person! Bribery usually works with me.

NOVEMBER 5, 2010 - 7 weeks, 6 days pregnant

If there was one person who was completely positive and not at all cautious about this pregnancy (and apparently didn't believe in superstitions), it was my mom! She took us shopping to look at baby stuff. I told her it was too early to buy anything and that we were only price-comparing. No matter how cute something is, or how good of a sale they might have on an item, we were NOT BUYING ANYTHING! Next thing we knew she had a cart full of little ducky hats and booties and pajamas. She was even going to buy some clearanced summer clothes for both boys and girls until I talked her out of it. (Then she told me a few days later that she went back and bought some). I didn't mind, though. I was just so excited to be in the baby department.

We had a great little trip down state. It was nice to get away and stop thinking about bills and unemployment checks for a few days and since I hadn't had any spotting in a week I was feeling better than ever!

No comments: