Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's Gonna Be a Lot Better, Man

July and August are the busiest months of the season. If I get one day off a week anymore it's a blessing. I'm working really hard but it's finally paying off and we are making enough to start a savings account. In an effort to take my mind off LO (little one), I'm spending all my spare time planning our fall vacations. Instead of a 7-day cruise, let's do 10! Instead of the same old Eastern and Western Caribbean, we'll do the exotic Southern islands instead. We're going all out this time because we deserve it! I made a spreadsheet of every island, what shore excursion we were doing and even what outfit I was going to wear (outfits that I didn't own yet but were on my wish list at Victoria's Secret)! I went ahead and planned a trip to Mardi Gras as well since I have a friend in Baton Rouge. And since we have to go to Miami to catch the ship, why don't we take a road trip to the Keys. Oh, and don't forget we still need to go down to NC to get our winter stuff! We're gonna be busy this off-season. We have struggled long enough and it's time for our windfall!




My BFF and her family came to visit in mid-August and I was lucky enough to spend some time with them and show them around. I took them to the most beautiful crystal-clear beach in the UP (on Rte 2). As I floated in the water and the sun shined down on me, I looked around at some of the most beautiful parts of the Earth that most people will never see and I felt lucky to be alive. I had family, friends, a well-paying job and a savings account! Life was good!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

P.S. I made sure my Coach bag was in the pic since it could be the last one I ever own. LOL.