Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday!

After two hours in recovery (I'm not sure why it took so long), it was time for us to make our way to our room. They turned on the "baby charms" music and wheeled me down the hall towards my parents who were waiting impatiently to see their grandson! Brian pushed the crib behind us.

Everyone stayed out in the hall while the nurses got me into bed. My parents had decorated the room for us. There were cupcakes with blue sprinkles, a Happy Birthday banner, an It's A Boy balloon, It's a Boy suckers, party hats with Snoopy stickers on them, champagne on ice and the dry-erase board said "Welcome Jodie, Brian and Ian." My mom had even wrote Ian's name on the champagne glasses!




By this time I was feeling pretty loopy from the Stadol and crazy-itchy from the Morphine but I do remember feeling like this "birthday" was better than all 32 of my own birthdays combined!

Once they got me settled into a bed that worked (the first one was broken), and everyone had taken a bajillion pictures and sent out text messages and facebook updates, it was time for cupcakes and a champagne toast.


It was truly the best day of my life! I can't believe I was so afraid of it! I understand now why some people are addicted to having babies, lol. It's the most beautiful and incredible experience. I love being a mom and I look forward to giving Ian a lifetime of experiences just as incredible.

2 comments:

Miss Katharine said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your healthy Baby Boy!

Jodie said...

Thank you!